The Senior Technical Developer/Product Development will be responsible for the entire life cycle of rapidLD’s evolving Product suite. This includes working with stakeholders to identify new product opportunities in the Learning and Talent Management space, designing/architecture/building new solutions, evolving existing products, and managing the development process. This work also includes similar activities in the custom application integration space.
This is a hands-on position where you will have the opportunity to lead the design, execution, and successful delivery of a wide variety of complex technical projects. You will participate in both the technical design and coding of complex projects from conception (scoping and estimating) to completion (delivery of files, training, and support). In addition, the Senior Technical Developer/Product Development is responsible for leading and mentoring the engineering and development team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a mix of technical, functional, and business acumen and wants to have more exposure to the business aspect of the software industry while still being hands on during the architecture and coding phases of development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform core architecture and development work for rapidLD’s product development practice.
- Interpret project requirements and work collaboratively with other rapidLD teams to propose balanced solutions based on business needs, budgets, timelines, and technical capabilities.
- Perform data modeling and implement complex data oriented solutions in the areas of system integration, data migration and data mining.
- Manage day-to-day engineering activities: architect, document, and lead the development path.
- Provide technical expertise for current and future projects.
- Help identify new product opportunities in the Learning and Talent Management space.
- Provide pre-sale technical guidance such as estimating and scoping.
- Perform technical work for rapidLD’s technical service practice.
- Assist in recruiting, mentoring and developing a technical development team.
- 5-7+ years of software development/implementation experience
- Ability to architect and develop solutions from the ground up.
- Strong technical communication skills and the ability to communicate technology issues to Customers, Vendors, Project Management, Sales, and Engineering teams.
- Experience designing and developing multi-tenant applications.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Strong experience with web services (SOAP, REST, XML/JSON).
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring strongly preferred).
- Experience with front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS, and JQuery.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge (experience with multi-tiered systems preferred).
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL database solutions with the ability to write and understand complex queries.
- Solid understanding of version control, issue tracking, release management, and automated build tools.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience working with talent management products from Saba, SumTotal Systems, Cornerstone OnDemand highly desired.
- Experience in Data Migration, Data Integration and ETL with medium to large data sets is a plus.
- Experience in the mobile space is a plus.
- Experience with Single Sign On (i.e. SAML) is a plus.
- Experience with integration and BI tools such as Camel and Drools is a plus.
- Experience with Play Framework a plus.
Benefits: Full Healthcare Benefits and 401(K)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Rapid Learning Deployment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.