Heavy Equipment Manufacturer
- World’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
- Fortune 50 company with a presence in more than 180 countries.
- $55+ billion in sales and revenues in 2013.
- Approximately 130,000 employees around the world.
To deliver, manage and track employee learning and development that aligns with business initiatives and objectives, our client currently utilizes Saba Learning Management System (LMS) version 5.4 which consists of:
- Complex front-end portal integrations, customizations, and reporting solutions that are primarily outside the Saba environment, but have touch points into the Saba database and in some cases into some Saba screens.
- Former security lists model is in use. Saba has not supported this model for 4 years.
- Complicated organizational model that is difficult to manage and rapidly changing has impacts on the automation of training delivery.
These factors have prevented our client from taking advantage of the robust features and functionality available in Saba’s more recent versions.
rapidLD is working with our client to upgrade their existing 5.4 SP3 system to SEC 7.2 complete with the Saba’s current and more flexible security model. The client recognized that with Saba’s updated releases, they no longer needed a highly customized front end and were able to meet their Training and Development needs with out-of-box functionality available in SEC 7.2.. The organization engaged rapidLD to provide guidance and expertise throughout the planning and upgrade phases which are expected to run over period of 16 months (2013-2014).
rapidLD is collaborating with our client to:
- Gain input from stakeholders and align new Saba features to business goals
- Develop and execute a rollout strategy
- Plan integrations of Saba with the client’s HR Global Directory and Taleo’s Talent Management system
- Automate training assignments based on organizational structure, audience types, and jobs/job roles
- Architect the overall configurations within the LMS
- Provide product training and knowledge transfer for Saba Administrators
- Develop an effective change management strategy
- Develop and guide the overall system testing plan
The upgrade process is on-going. Two of the three Saba environments have been successfully upgraded and configured to meet this client’s current and evolving Learning and Development requirements. An effort is ongoing to review and scrub existing data in order to roll out a system with more current and accurate data.