Sally Beauty Deploys Saba Cloud’s Performance Module
High Engagement and Timely Review Completion Driven by Effective Process Design and Communications Plan
Sally Beauty Holdings is the world’s largest retailer of professional beauty products. SBH currently owns and operates more than 5000 stores worldwide with almost 20,000 professional quality products for hair, skin and nails to retail customers and licensed salon professionals. Our customers appreciate our knowledgeable sales associates who help them solve their hair and beauty frustrations. Sally Beauty has a heritage as the first choice for professional cosmetologists and consumers alike because of the broad range of products.
- Supporting the documentation of the conversations between managers and team members
- Using the Performance process to uphold the company’s cultural values
- Measuring team member successes and determining opportunities for growth
- Advocating for the team member and ensuring his / her voice is heard in the performance conversation
rapidLD was brought in to assist Sally Beauty in the deployment of Saba Cloud’s Performance module. Principal and Business Consultants from rapidLD worked with the Sally Beauty team to:
- Configure forms, cycles, and processes with approval flows in the Saba Cloud platform
- Support the demonstration of the performance process to Sally Beauty’s HR Business Partners – Buy-in was received!
- Provide and support training to the Sally Beauty core team and end users
Assist with the Performance Module Go Live to the Sally Beauty Corporate team
Through a solid communications plan and a well-designed performance process on Saba Cloud, Sally Beauty achieved 90% self-review completion by its target date and the team was ahead of its target for the manager review process. The team cites several factors for its success.
- Effective Marketing and Communications Planning
- Getting buy-in from stakeholders with communication early and often
- Building engagement with creative videos and sneak peeks of the application with giveaways
- Keep It Simple
- Maintaining the measurement in the current year as in the previous year to limit the change impact with the platform introduction
- Customize the Saba Cloud form to match the fields captured in paper forms and minimize the steps needed to complete the process in Saba
- Offered daily training events prior to go-live
- Providing live help sessions as needed during review cycle
rapidLD continues to provide support to Sally Beauty with ongoing support. Sally Beauty’s plans for the Saba platform include incorporating goals into the review process. In the coming year, Sally Beauty is planning to utilize the Impressions, Mobile App, Groups and Saba Meeting modules in Saba Cloud.